Friday, 3 May 2013

‡➳✧ MONOCRAFFT ➳✧‡



When i was seventeen i did a wonderful job for Gstar and met a real beauty: Merrel Westhoff.
She was working for Gstar at
the time, but has now decided to venture off and create her own little paradise of 
jewels and dreams called MONOCRAFFT.

I was first made aware of MONOCRAFFT from Merrel's instagram. Being a true ring fiend myself (i'm wearing seven rings as i somewhat noisily type), I had to find out more about the amazing pieces Merrel was making.

So I asked her a few questions about her jewellery brand and here are her answers…



What made you start jewellery making?  
I was always interested in jewellery, especially in silver. So at one point i was surfing on the internet and a silversmith school came by my path... I was super enthusiastic to subscribe myself, but as I had a full time job it wasn't really an option time wise. 
 Then  one day my boyfriend, who is an artist too, came home with
 a smile on his face. According to him he had the perfect present
 for my birthday... Silversmith evening class :) so that was the
 beginning, now we are two years ahead... Obviously a good
 present.
   


What inspires you?
A lot of things, architecture, shadows, patterns, culture, fashion - I studied fashion, so that has always been an inspiration for me…









How come you're working in Bali at the moment?

I combine my holiday in Bali with doing  research, extending my network and meeting lots of interesting and talented people.






What is your favourite piece from your collection?
My big pyramide ring, 5cm high and super shiney and clean �� my boyfriend is designing a pattern for this ring which we are going te engrave.  I like my jewels to be graphic, sharp and clean.


Who would be your dream client?
Emmanuelle Alt from Paris Vogue and Rick Owens! ��


If you had all the resources in the world, from diamonds to turquoise to copper, and you could make one thing- what would it be?

My designs grow during the creation process, I almost never draw the design upfront.. Because I think you find new ways during a process which you haven't thought of upfront.

If you, like me, want to get your mitts on her jewellery you either have to wait until the Summer for her website and e-shop or you can contact her directly on monocrafft@gmail.com and inquire about orders and prices.

Feel free to buy me a late birthday present… 
I love those rings.

1 comment:

  1. lovely blog :)
    would you like to follow each other on gfc and bloglovin?
    www.lusciousstyle.blogspot.com
    Daria

    ReplyDelete